Join Our Social Media Community
Join an exciting team of actuaries, data scientists and engineers at the forefront of leveraging data to drive decisions at every level of our organization. The insurance industry is undergoing a transformation and you get to be in the driver’s seat of this data-driven, technology revolution.
You will work on impactful projects that range from predicting customer life-time values and optimizing customer journeys to incorporating novel data sources for building cutting-edge pricing and machine-learning algorithms. You will work closely with data scientists to bring cutting-edge models to market. This team is exploring the frontiers of the insurance business such as how to harness the data from connected homes and cars to deliver new types of products to customers.
As a senior analyst, you will be part of a dynamic team with exposure to different business stakeholders and direct influence on future products and innovative solutions. You will work on the proposal of innovative machine-learning and statistical models for practical applications that impact millions of customers. The team has already developed algorithms used in production systems and you will be part of the team that expands the scope of these algorithms. This is your chance to join the InsureTech revolution!
What you’ll do
As a senior analyst, you will need the following skills and experience to succeed in the role:
- 2+ years of experience in general insurance industry including predictive modeling and working with large datasets. Experience in developing non-linear statistical model is preferred
- Have cross-functional skills that allow you to straddle the worlds of data scientist and actuaries and bring innovation to model acceptance processes, sound model monitoring practices and end-to-end automation
- Strong programming and problem solving skills to develop, test, validate, and maintain robust tools/models using supervised and or unsupervised techniques
- Work with pricing teams to combine creative modeling knowledge with sound business judgment in developing sophisticated models to support rate implementation
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to establish a vision and create a culture that treats data as a massive asset
- Advance the department’s capabilities by creating and deploying long term tools to continually evolve the business
What you’ll bring
- Amazing people skills and able to translate and communicate complex algorithms to non-technical experts. Someone who understands that it is not enough to just have a great algorithm but important to generate buy-in for the solution from different stakeholders
- A can-do team player who is willing to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever is needed to move projects forward. That means at times you will wear multiple hats and be a project manager, developer, modeler and chief communicator of solutions
- Customer focused who builds effective relationships with internal partners, including claims, actuarial, underwriting, operations, and information technology
- Results-oriented who demonstrates a sense of urgency and accountability for business issues
- Expert subject matter expertise in insurance, rate regulation and predictive modeling
- Minimum of 2 CAS exams
- Minimum of 1 year of Actuarial work experience
What you’ll get
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.