No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
Are you a bright, knowledgeable, and motivated Data Analyst with great storytelling, Python programming and data visualization skills?
As a Data Analyst at BDC, you will be working with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Risk Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and contribute to development of risk models, best practices, and processes for BDC’s Advanced Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) strategy.
The bulk of the work will be in eliciting the business requirements, data exploration, hypothesis testing, data design, data visualization, storytelling with data, and programming business rules in Python.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Elicite, analyze and communicate business requirements for Machine Learning products
- Ensure link between AI products and business needs/requirements in a given domain
- Implement effective Python applications to analyze the data and create deterministic business rules
- Contibute to identification of priorities for AAAI capabilities
- Communicate data-driven insights by transforming science and numbers into easily understandable vizualisation
- Participate in product development from ideation to full deployement
- Work closely with UX & UI designer to assess implementation efforts and influence solution design
- Translate mockups and wireframe into dashboards and/or reports for AAAI products
- Build dashboards to showcase model results
- Create and maintain documentation for support and future enhancements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree or higher in computer science, business administration, business intelligence, statistics, mathematics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Data Analyst or an equivalent role
- Experience working in financial institutions
- Experience with design thinking and storytelling techniques
- Experience with production grade Python programming
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Seaborn
- Significant hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with other dashboarding/reporiting tools (e.g., Tableau, BusinessObjects)
- Experience with SQL Server or other relational databases and writing SQL code
- Knowledge of big data tools (e.g., Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake)
- Experience with agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Strong communication, documentation, storytelling, creativity, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, coordination and consensus building skills
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Bilingual in French and English
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at
, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
Join Our Social Media Community