About the Role & Team
On the Analytics team at theScore, our mission is to develop high-quality and sustainable data-driven solutions to improve profitability, growth and the user experience. As a Data Analyst, you’ll work hand-in-hand with Sportsbook teams (Risk & Trading, Fraud & AML, VIP etc) to help them leverage data to track performance, make better decisions and ultimately reach their goals. The ideal candidate has strong communications skills, a passion for data, a background in quantitative analysis and an interest in professional sports, betting & eSports.
About the Work
As a key member of our Analytics team you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the systems that support the theScore Bet product
- Answer ad-hoc questions & requests by leveraging data available in SQL databases.
- Leverage analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Sisense, Amplitude, Google Analytics) to provide insights.
- Liaise with Data Analysts & Data Scientists to complete projects that support Sportsbook teams.
- Monitor and report on all sportsbook KPIs and investigate anomalies as they arise.
- Analyze sportsbook performance by league, bet type, event etc. to highlight areas for extra trader attention
- Analyze VIP user performance and recommend actions to improve user experience, handle or GGR
- Analyze results of VIP promotions and recommend improvements & optimizations.
- Analyze patron transactions and recommend potential AML and anti-fraud reporting and enhancements
- Stay on top of emerging trends in media, sports betting, analytics & mobile industries.
- University degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of related analytics experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of analytics tools such as, but not limited to:
Amplitude, Periscope, Sisense, Branch, AppsFlyer, Sensor Tower, Google Analytics, Looker, ThoughtSpot
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with analysis tools; R or Python packages are preferred.
- A passion and curiosity for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Ability to take complex data and present it in a clear and simple manner.
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Apply on company site