Position Type: Regular – Full-time
Requisition ID: 15707
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross has become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we’re a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation since 2018. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Data & Analytics Platform Specialist
Fredericton or Hartland, NB
The Data & Analytics Platform Specialist is responsible to manage our capabilities for the Data Warehouse, Data Integration, and Analytics platform investments we are making. The role is critical in ensuring we are using our platforms in an optimized way in addition to leveraging all of the platform capabilities to drive maximum value. The role will support the evolution of the data platform as new data domains are introduced and supports the business objectives related to Data & Analytics.
How You’ll Help
- To become proficient in all aspects of the platform operations & capabilities that make up our Data & Analytics platforms: Data Acquisition, Data Warehouse, Analytics
- Provide guidance to users of our platforms, including data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, & various data communities within the business such as Data Managers, Data Stewards and Data Users.
- Data Platform Managements: maintain and administrate the underlying Data Lake, Databases, and Data warehouse marts.
- Work with the IT support organization to resolve incidents and issues with the data platform and escalate to suppliers, as necessary.
- Manage & monitor capacity and workload of the shared data platform including planning for additional future workloads and their impact on platform resources and costs.
- Work with infrastructure, network, and cloud teams to ensure the platforms are operating within the necessary policies and controls as outlined for organization.
- Manage the configuration of the data platform and any changes required.
- Interact with Data & Analytics Architect to shape the solution architecture with industry leading platforms and tools.
- Stay current on modern & emerging technologies for data management, storage, and analytics.
- Other related duties as required.
Your Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or related education with at least six years of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modeling, & optimization.
- Experience with Data Integration, Data Migration, Master Data management or Data Science software
- Ability to combine technical understanding with domain knowledge to guide solution design to meet business needs
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Excellent communication & influencing skills with an ability to engage both data engineers and business partners to achieve targeted outcomes
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications, processes, and procedures
- Curious about modern digital technologies and self driven to stay current on industry trends
- Strong working knowledge, skills, and ability to become proficient Power BI, Snowflake, Oracle FAW.
- Knowledge of database platforms, database design, and experience using structure query language to access and analyze data sets is an asset.
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com.
Apply on company site
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: Information Technology
Location(s): CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland