Red River Mutual is considered one of Insurance Business Canada’s Top Insurance Workplaces of 2021! We are a progressive property & casualty insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities
LOCATION: Altona/Winnipeg MB**
REPORTS TO: Manager Analytics
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Data Insight Analyst is responsible for business intelligence (BI) and business analysis operations. In this role the Data Insight Analyst will act as a liaison between the functional area they are assigned to and the technical data engineers and data scientists on the analytics team. They will also assist in improving the department’s reporting capability by providing insights and recommendations, supporting the roll out of advanced analytical models.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Gathers and prepares the data required to perform various data investigations.
- Conducts data investigation to uncover embedded information, trends, patterns and insights hidden in the company’s data records.
- Presents findings and recommendations to the stakeholders in easy to digest storytelling forms.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and resource to other stakeholders within the company.
- Transforms both historical and current data into decision making tool.
- Designs and develops dashboards; generates both period and adhoc reports, etc.
- Ensures the mutual understanding between the analytics department and other departments to ensure business and data understanding of projects.
- Implements data governance standards and data stewardship structure.
- Ensures data quality and validity by developing data quality standards.
- Ensures data security and prevents unauthorized parties from gaining access to the data.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma
- College or University degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in insurance industry, with focus on business analysis, financial analysis or actuarial analysis, including business intelligence, data analysis and data stewardship.
- Proven experience in Power BI, Excel (Power Pivot), R.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques, project management methodologies data analytics and business intelligence tools.
- Ability to prioritize, manage information and problem solve.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Winnipeg,MB,Canada, Winnipeg, MB
Job Type: Full-time
Apply on company site