List Of Offline Apps To Use Government Shuts Down The Internet
The recent news speculating that the Nigeria government in order to mute the EndSARS campaign may shut down the internet, we drew up a list of offline Apps tools that can help you communicate offline just in case it happens.
It is better we are prepared than to be caught unawares.
What Are Offline Apps ?
it means that the app can survive the downtime and can be resumed from the same point where we left as the connection was lost.
Offline Apps are those software that allows you work when they do not have access to internet. It must be enabled and configured at the system level for field workers to use it.
Also Read: How to manage your Android notifications
Checkout list of Offline Apps you need to install
- MandyNews.com drew up a list of apps and tools that can help you communicate with your near and distance one even during an internet suspension.
- Bridgefy is an offline messaging app that lets you communicate with friends and family when you don’t have access to the Internet, by simply turning on your Bluetooth. Bridgefy app became popular in 2019 when anti-government protesters in Hong Kong started using the app to bypass internet blockades in China.
- Firechat is an offline and anonymous chat application that runs on both Android and iOS. It can work without the internet or even a cellular network.
- Briar is a messaging app designed for activists, journalists, and anyone else who needs a safe, easy and robust way to communicate. It functions both online and offline, and doesn’t rely on a central server to store and sync messages.
- Signal is a Wi-Fi Direct based offline messaging app. Signal allows you to communicate without the internet or local network in range of up to 100 meters. It functions without the internet and even cellular network.
There are several offline Apps available in your Android Play Store, and each one, in some or the other way turn life easy. However the worst part about using these apps is to download them spending heavy mobile data.
Join Our Social Media Community