The studentship starts in December 2022 / January 2023 and will be full-time for four years, involving collaboration with the Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia at LSHTM and a European University Full financial support will be provided.
MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship Project One & Eligibility
- Epigenetics as a potential mediating mechanism linking climate variation with lifelong health and disease.
- First Degree (B.Sc) in Mathematics, Computational or Biological Sciences
- MSc in Computational Biology or related discipline, e.g. Genomic Medicine, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics
- Some experience in at least one of the following computer coding languages: R.python, Perl,
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Experience in the computational and bioinformatic analysis of one or more types of ‘omics data (e.g.genome, epigenome, transcriptome,microbiome)
- An interest in molecular biology and its relationship to human health, e.g., genetics, genetic epidemiology, health data science.
- Please email Dr Matt Silver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
- Project main supervisor: Dr Matt Silver (email@example.com).
MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship Project Two & Eligibility
- Developing Strategies to coordinate Healthcare provision between The Gambia and Senegal (SHEGAS).
The Eligibility Criteria
- Be in possession of an MSc in Public Health or a related subject from a recognised university
- Ability to conduct qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills in English and at least one other Gambian national language
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities.
- Previous experience of work in The Gambia.
- Please email Dr Melisa Martinez Alvarez (Melisa.Martinez-Alvarez@lshtm.ac.uk) for further details.
- Project main supervisor Dr Melisa Martinez Alvarez (Melisa.Martinez-Alvarez@lshtm.ac.uk).
How to Apply for MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain the application form sending an e-mail request to: firstname.lastname@example.org