Stores Person At Halifax Regional Municipality
Full Job Description
Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) is inviting applications for permanent position of Storesperson in the Procurement division of Finance and Asset Management. The work location is 110 Grassy Lake Drive. Transit Center. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Under the direction of the Storeroom Supervisor, the Storesperson is responsible for receiving, issuing, shipping and physical counts of stocked materials. The Storesperson is responsible for security, access control and general housekeeping duties within the designated controlled storage areas, maintaining a neat, orderly and safe work environment. The Storesperson may handle various inventory assets and commodities including specialized service materials, hazardous materials, general goods, bulk items and surplus assets. This location operates 24/7.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, sort and route incoming parts and supplies, processing necessary SAP transactions and maintaining all applicable paperwork.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips or invoices; record and report discrepancies and damaged goods.
- Issue parts and supplies to internal and external clients, ensuring proper authorizations and account codes are provided, prior to issue. Responsible to check stock availability at other warehouse locations and arrange for product transfer.
- Package items for shipment and affix identifying information and shipping instructions. Arrange shipping agent, as required.
- Conduct physical inventory counts and complete stocktaking investigations.
- Optimize available space, physically relocating materials and associated SAP bin location as required.
- Manage all Material Reservations, including back-orders.
- Prepare Requisitions on clients’ behalf for inventoried and non-inventoried items on an as required basis.
- Working with Inventory and Supply Buyers, prepare materials and associated transactions and paperwork for returns to suppliers.
- Research and collect data on materials for quotation, or specification preparation.
- Maintain tool crib with respect to tool loans and ensuring tools are returned in serviceable condition through visual inspection.
- Perform routine housekeeping, maintaining all storage areas in a safe and orderly manner.
- Using proper safety procedures and required protective equipment, operate forklift, pallet jacks, picking carts, cutting tools, etc.
- Assists and provides on-the-job training to other Storeroom personnel.
- Physical labour moving materials and equipment, as required.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year job related experience with a Computerized Inventory Management/ERP system, as well as basic PC applications (Word-processing, Spreadsheet).
Technical/Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Fleet Focus Goods Issue, Goods Receipt, Return Delivery, Bin Location Maintenance, Stock Requirements, Material Movements, Material Search.
- Strong knowledge of automotive parts and parts manuals.
- Knowledge of related manual processes and paperwork supporting inventory transactions.
- Knowledge of common PC business applications such as spreadsheets, word processing.
- WHMIS Certification.
- Knowledge of inventory management and control practices.
- Knowledge of HRM’s Procurement Policy.
- Knowledge of HRM Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of HRM Administrative Policies.
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check.
Please note – Testing may be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job specific knowledge. Candidates, who are selected for testing, may be tested in a group setting, scheduled at the employer’s discretion. Interviews, testing, and in-person recruitment activities are being conducted in-person and in adherence with current COVID-19 Public Health protocols.
Please note – Candidates will be required to provide proof of their valid certificates and licenses, per the educational technical qualifications, prior to being invited for an interview.
COMPETENCIES: Communication; Customer Service; Initiative; Teamwork and Cooperation; Valuing Diversity.
WORK STATUS: Full time, Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 8am -4:30pm
SALARY: $25.48 per hour (2nd Class) $26.00 per hours (1st Class), as per Collective Agreement between HRM and ATU Local 508.
WORK LOCATION: 110 Grassy Lake Drive, Transit Garage
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to midnight 11:59pm on May 10, 2022
This is a bargaining unit position. External applicants will only be considered if there are no qualified bargaining unit candidates.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview/testing will be contacted.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process.